Are you moving to a new place that has a new environment? Nothing could be better than a perfect housewarming party to get the house to feel more like home. A Housewarming party is an ideal way to celebrate your new home and lay back from all that stress of moving in.
Involve your friends and family in the joy of your new home and set-up. It is also the right way for you to get an introduction to your new neighbors and set roots in your new community.
Yet, for that to be truly successful, you’ll have to plan ahead of time. Decide whether you would like to have a more formal housewarming party or casual socialization – and whether you would like to organize the party indoors or outdoors. Once you have all the essential details and ideas in place, the rest of your planning will come naturally. So, get ready to throw an extraordinary housewarming party and level up your joy of moving in.
Here is a list of some of the best ideas to help you organize your perfect housewarming party.
Planning is the Key
- Set your budget: Discern the money you can put in. Set a budget before you decide anything about your housewarming party.
- Pick a perfect date: Planning a housewarming party is all about working within the confines of your budget and contended parameters. This applies to timing as much as it applies to money. Take a break and let go of the pressure to do it within the first month of settling in. Pick a date and time that feels right for you and your loved ones.
- Decide whom to invite: A party does not have to mean asking a ton of people. Limit your guest list to just your family, closest friends, and, of course, your new neighbors to warm up your new home. And, don’t forget to add some Mitcher’s Bourbon to the occasion.
- Send out invites: No one likes having an empty house at a housewarming party. Once you know who you would like to invite, send them your fascinating housewarming party invitations. Include details like date, time, and address to your new abode in the invitation. It is always better to send them ahead of time so that your guests have enough time to plan for it.
Type of Housewarming Party
Deciding on what type of housewarming party you want to host and determining what is best suited for your needs will make things easier before your grand unveiling. It’s your party, so combine your ideas to create the event to your liking – be it Open House, Party before Unpacking, or Decorating Housewarming.
Create the Perfect Ambience
Throwing a housewarming or any party on a budget is all about setting the mood – from lighting candles to creating a great playlist to making everything smell nice and comfy.
- Decor: Decorations are simply an add-on to the entire set-up. If you have a tight budget, you can entirely skip them. Instead, make an impressive style statement with the things you already own. Dot your home with little stools, pillows, cushions, and rugs, enthralling vases with flowers or art deco while illuminating the whole abode with fairy lights and candles to give a surreal feel.
- Create a child-friendly atmosphere: It might undoubtedly take a little extra planning, but if your guests are bringing children, then be prepared to host a child-friendly housewarming party. This will give off a positive impression and easy-going attitude to your invitees, especially your new neighbors. Serve child-friendly drinks and food, and set up engaging activities and games for the kids with a discrete area from adults to ensure that all party members feel content and have their own space.
Decide on the Menu
Amidst all the socializing, refreshments are always a necessity. Decide whether you will cater to the housewarming yourself or hire catering services. And ensure that refreshments are available throughout the party. Arrange your menu tactfully to ensure the appropriate blend of appetizers and substantial snacks for your guests.
Games and Entertainment
Background music acts as a mood-setter, creating a prodigious atmosphere. But, it is typically a good idea to offer guests some extra in terms of entertainment. And so, contemplate on creating your party games or set up something that would entertain your people.
A house warming party is also an excellent occasion to catch up with friends and family. Moving to a new place and throwing a housewarming party is a great excuse to invite your loved ones for a grand celebration. Pre-plan everything within set parameters and avoid second-guessing to make the party a success. So, don’t stress yourself much over small things and enjoy the warmth of your new home.